What’s not to like about the Nuggets victory over the T-Wolves?
- Chauncey Billups alley-oop to JR Smith, which wasn’t just an alley-oop but a 360 alley-oop.
- JR canning three treys in a row in the third quarter to help the Nuggets overcome the nine-point deficit.
- Chris Andersen’s double-double.
- Or the Birdman protecting the nest and recording three blocks.
- Melo’s all-around game, where he scored 19 points to go along with six rebounds, five assists and five steals.
- Nene posting 17 points and nine rebounds.
- Billups had 25 points and shot 9-of-18 from the field.
- Anthony Carter handing out eight assists.
Of course, there are the things that weren’t as enjoyable.
- JR still has the worst shot selection, he only hit 3 of 10 3 and shot a 3 as soon as he entered the game.
- The Birdman also jacked up a jumper when he first entered the game.
- The Nuggets only shot five free throws in the first half, because, guess what, they were shooting jumpers in the first half.
- Minnesota outrebounded the Nuggets, 53-43 and had 16 offensive rebounds in the game.
- The T-Wolves had seven O rebounds in the first half.
- Billups had only three assists in the contest, zero in the first half.
- Darko Milicic had a season-high 12 rebounds.
Next up for the Nuggets is a game at New Orleans against the Chris Paul-less Hornets. Even without Paul, N.O. is 21-11 at home. Paul’s backup Darren Collison has been playing out of his mind, in the last five games Collison has posted 16 points, 11.2 assists and two steals.