Before the Denver Nuggets tipped off against the Charlotte Bobcats the New York Knicks defeated the struggling New Orleans Hornets making the mainstream media continue to talk about the Knicks stealing Carmelo Anthony from the Nuggets.
But at the same time the Nuggets have quietly improved to 4-1 since trading Anthony. And they did it with a team effort. Seven different players scored more than 10 points and Denver as a team had 34 assists. It all led to a a 40-point blowout of the Bobcats in an all-around team effort
- Nene finished the game with 12 points, eight rebounds and had two big blocks
- Kenyon Martin added 10 points and eight rebounds
- Wilson Chandler remained consistent with 16 points and a fancy alley-oop to Ty Lawson
- Arron Afflalo battled thru rolling his ankle and had 11 points. He also showed some fire after being fouled on two fast breaks.
- Lawson broke his slump and totaled 16 points and 10 assists.
- Chris ‘The Birdman’ Andersen was perfect from everywhere (4-4 from field, 6-6 from line) to finish the game with 16 points.
- Al Harrington was also perfect from the field, including a pair of treys, to finish with nine points.
- JR Smith had 14 points, most when the game was already in hand. And an impressive alley-oop to the Birdman.
- Raymond Felton was seven (points) and seven (assists) from the field.
- Timofey Mozgov was impressive in his short stint, with six points and four rebounds.
- Kosta Koufos wasn’t quite as impressive, but had a nice jump hook.