The groundwork for the Denver Nuggets to go 66-0 was laid down on Tuesday when the NBA announced the 2010-11 schedule.
Here are the nuts and bolts of the season:
- The Nuggets open the season on Dec. 26 in Dallas against the Mavericks.
- Denver’s home opener is on Wednesday, Dec. 28 against the Utah Jazz.
- The Nuggets play two back-to-back-backs.
- The first is New Year’s weekend when the Nuggets play two against the Lakers (one in Los Angeles, one in Denver and then the Nuggets host the Milwaukee Bucks). Denver follows that up with one more game at home against Sacramento.
- The other is in February when the Nuggets play the Clippers at Los Angeles on Feb. 2, they host Lakers on the 3rd and then travel to Portland on 4th to face the Blazers.
- The Nuggets play 10 back-to-backs.
- Denver has a nine-game home stand in March, followed by a seven-game road trip.
- The Nuggets have 14 games on national TV; seven on ESPN, two on TNT and five on NBATV.
- Denver hosts the Miami Heat on Jan. 13, and Denver will face the New York Knicks on Jan. 25, but it will only be shown on NBATV.