It took nearly a 20-point lead in the fourth quarter, but Kenneth Faried finally got on the floor for the Denver Nuggets and he didn’t disappoint. The 6-foot-8 rookie out of Morehead State definitely made his appearance felt when he got on the floor.
He blocked a Marcus Thornton shot and scored his two points on a fast break jam, which was set up with a beautiful pass from Rudy Fernandez. Minutes later, Faried blocked a pair of dunk attempts by Travis Outlaw to add to his highlight reel.
Faried’s finished the night with seven points, four rebounds and four blocked shots and hopefully did enough to get more time on the floor.
- Kosta Koufos recorded his first career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Timofey Mozgov had his best game this season, scoring nine of his 11 points in the first half and outrunning the Kings big man for easy baskets.
- Fernandez played his best game in a Nuggets jersey, he had 12 points to go with eight assists. He also showed much better shot selection.
- Arron Afflalo is slowly returning to form and started to knock down a few of his jump shots. He made 5 of 8 baskets to score 11 points.
- Al Harrington was once again the best player for the Nuggets. He led the Nuggets with 15 points and chipped in with five rebounds.