So much for Jordan Hamilton and Julyan Stone getting playing time, because Rudy Fernandez was more than ready to come back and light up the floor.
Fernandez toyed with the Toronto Raptors as soon as he stepped on the floor. He drained 5 of 7 treys, worked through picks to get open and showed off a nice step-back jumper in the paint to finish with 23 points.
Fernandez previously missed the last two games and had missed four of his last five, but Friday he showed no rust from missing the game.
Arron Afflalo returned from missing the last two games, but he continues to struggle and force his game. He missed all three of his shots and had four fouls.
- Timofey Mozgov also came back after missing Wednesday’s game due to the birth of his baby. While he struggled on the offensive side of the ball he was solid on defense and also on the glass.
- Nene had a quiet 20 point, 10 rebound game, but he did a lot of his work from the free throw line where he made 10 out of 14 free throws, which was one off his career high.
- Andre Miller also had a double-double, going for 13 points and 10 assists. Showing things were going his way, he nailed a three-pointer from half court to end the first quarter.
- Danilo Gallinari scored 21 points, but didn’t do it in great fashion. He shot the ball 18 times, including attempting 10 three-pointers, making only two of them. Gallinari also missed two free throws.
- Despite the game well in hand, former Nuggets player Linas Kleiza got into a war of words with Al Harrington. Guess somebody didn’t tell Kleiza the score or his line in the game. The former Nuggets forward missed six of seven shots and scored only two points.