After two poor performances against some below-average squads, the Denver Nuggets were finally able to get some separation from a struggling squad.
The Nuggets shot over .50 percent from the field and had four players score in double figures to beat the New Orleans Hornets by 13.
The Nuggets opened the fourth with a 10-2 run to improve to 23-18 on the year.
- Arron Afflalo continued his strong play, scoring 28 points, hitting all six of his free throws and nailing four treys. Afflalo is shooting .522 from the field, .571 from behind the arc and .846 from the free throw line over the last five games.
- Al Harrington got another 20-10 game, despite struggling behind the arc. Harrington showed some nice moves around the basket and has settled into a lesser role with Danilo Gallinari and Nene healthy.
- Ty Lawson posted a double-double (11 points, 10 rebounds), but once against wasn’t as aggressive as George Karl wants him to be.
- Kenneth Faried is starting to hit the rookie wall, kinda. The NBA is a copy-cat league and team’s are starting to find out what Faried’s weaknesses are. He has struggled with foul trouble over the last two games, which partly has to do with him being over aggressive.
- Nene is still showing rust on his game, but had some fancy passes against the Hornets.