It has been a year and a half since the Denver Nuggets traded Carmelo Anthony and it’s interesting to see some of the movement (or not movement) with the players involved.
The trade involved three teams, 13 players, four draft picks and cash. Only five players remain with the team they were traded to and two players have since won NBA titles.
In the deal, the Nuggets received Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov and Wilson Chandler from the New York Knicks and Kosta Koufos from the Minnesota Timberwolves. They also got a second round pick from the Knicks in 2012 and 2013 and a first round pick in 2014.
- Gallinari, Mozgov, Chandler and Koufos are still with the Nuggets.
- Denver traded Felton to the Portland Trailblazers in a draft day deal which landed Andre Miller and Jordan Hamilton. The Blazers traded Felton back to the Knicks this summer.
- The Nuggets drafted Quincy Miller with the 2012 second round pick (which belonged to Golden State) that they got from New York.
The Knicks received Anthony, Anthony Carter, Chauncey Billups, Renaldo Balkman and Shelden Williams from the Nuggets and Corey Brewer from the Timberwolves.
- Anthony is the only player that is still on the Knicks.
- Carter and Williams left as free agents at the end of last season. Carter ended up on the Toronto Raptors and Williams on the New Jersey Nets. Both are still unsigned this off-season.
- The Knicks picked up Billups team option last year (they could have bought up him out for $3.2 million), but than used the amnesty clause on him to sign Tyson Chandler. They were stuck paying Billups $14.2 million contract last season while he played for the L.A. Clippers. Billups re-signed with the Clippers this summer.
- New York waived Balkman in February and used the roster spot to sign former Nugget guard J.R. Smith. No team has picked up Balkman and the Knicks are still stuck paying Balkman $1.7 million.
- Brewer was cut shortly after being traded to New York and then was picked up by the Dallas Mavericks, where he won an NBA title. The Mavs traded Brewer to the Nuggets with Rudy Fernandez in January.
The Timberwolves got Eddy Curry, Anthony Randolph and the Nuggets’ 2015 second-round pick.
- Curry was waived shortly after the trade and was picked up by the Miami Heat this last year. He also won an NBA title with the Heat last season.
- Randolph saw little time with the Timberwolves over the last year and a half, Minnesota also opted not to offer him a qualifying offer. He signed a 3-year deal with the Nuggets on Tuesday.
If you are keeping track at home, the Melo trade has turned into Anthony for Chandler, Gallinari, Koufos, Mozgov, Andre Miller, Hamilton, Randolph and Quincy Miller.
Tags: Andre Miller Anthony Carter Anthony Randolph Carmelo Anthony Chauncey Billups Corey Brewer Dallas Mavericks Danilo Gallinari Denver Nuggets Eddy Curry Featured Jordan Hamilton JR Smith Kosta Koufos Minnesota Timberwolves New York Knicks Popular Raymond Felton Renaldo Balkman Rudy Fernandez Timofey Mozgov Toronto Raptors Tyson Chandler Wilson Chandler