The Denver Nuggets have released the schedule for their last eight games of the shortened 2019-20 season. All eight seeding games will be played at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando.
Only 22 teams will take part in the NBA’s return-to-play format.
- vs. Miami Heat – Saturday, August 1, 11 AM (MST)
- vs. Oklahoma City Thunder – Monday, August 3, 2 PM (MST)
- vs. San Antonio Spurs – Wednesday, August 5, 2 PM (MST)
- vs. Portland Trail Blazers – Thursday, August 6, 6 PM (MST)
- vs. Utah Jazz – Saturday, August 8, 1:30 PM (MST)
- vs. Los Angeles Lakers – Monday, August 10, 7 PM (MST)
- vs. Los Angeles Clippers – Wednesday, August 12, 7 PM (MST)
- vs. Toronto Raptors – Friday, August 14 (TBD)
While it may be arbitrary considering that they’re playing at a neutral site, the Nuggets will be designated as the home team in four games and as the visiting team in four games.
All eight games will be televised on Altitude Sports & Entertainment, while Altitude Radio 92.5 FM/950 AM will broadcast all eight games.
How will the Nuggets fare?
Just by glancing at the schedule, it’s easy to see that the Nuggets will have their work cut out for them with this schedule, as five of their games will come against teams that are currently ranked among the top four seeds of either conference. Fortunately for Nuggets fans, Denver doesn’t have a losing record against any of the teams they’re set to play against.
Another benefit of having such a tough schedule prior to the beginning of the 2020 NBA Playoffs is that their performance in the seeding games could be predictive of their postseason success. If they come away with wins against some combination of the Jazz, Lakers and Clippers (all ranked in the top four seeds in the West, along with the Nuggets), then it will be a good sign. It could also be a confidence-booster and momentum-builder for them ahead of the playoffs.
What do you predict the Nuggets’ win-loss record will be in the eight seeding games? Let us know in the comments section below or on Twitter @Nugg_Love.